When an agent enters a new chat, they must complete the required standard fields to save the contact's information in the Contact information section.
When a new chat 💬 is initiated, the agent must enter the 👨💻 standard and/or personalized contact information 👤 in the Contact Information section located on the right-hand side of the console. The data that appears by default and the standard data entered may differ depending on the instant messaging channel that the contact used to reach the agent.
Default data according to the messaging channel
- If the contact👤 reaches the agent using the WhatsApp channel, the contact's mobile phone number📱 will appear by default.
- If the contact👤 interacts with the agent using the Facebook channel, their avatar 👩 and profile name will appear by default.
- If the contact👤 reaches the agent using Livechat, their name, email address 📬 and mobile phone number📱 will appear by default.
- If the contact👤 interacts with the agent using the Telegram messaging channel, the avatar 👩 and the name of the contact's profile will appear by default.
Standard required fields according to the messaging channel
- For contacts using the WhatsApp messaging channel, the standard required fields are the contact's name and mobile phone number📱.
- For contacts using Facebook, the only standard required field is their name.
- For contacts using the Telegram messaging channel, the only standard required field is the contact's name.
Once the agent has completed the required fields, standard or customized, they can save the contact information by clicking on the Save button 💾. The contact's info will also be automatically saved when they close the chat 💬. The console will verify that the required fields have been correctly filled out before allowing the chat to be closed.